Fans debate the worst final episodes of the anime

0


In a lively comment forum, the community of Japanese Internet users has immersed themselves in a fascinating debate about the anime series that, according to them, suffered from the worst final episodes. The discussion revealed surprising mentions of series that enjoy great popularity, generating an exchange of varied opinions.

 


Some users expressed their discontent towards the endings of apparently successful series, pointing out that the quality of an ending can significantly influence the general perception of the work. While subjectivity plays a crucial role in these opinions, certain patterns emerged when addressing why some consider a final episode to be “bad.”

For many participants, the lack of satisfactory closure for key plots or the introduction of abrupt and poorly developed plot turns were recurring reasons for criticism. Narrative coherence and the capacity of a ending to meet the expectations established throughout the series were also prominent elements in the discussions.

The surprising inclusion of big-name series in these conversations highlights the diversity of opinions in the community. This phenomenon illustrates how even the most popular productions are not exempt from criticism, and the subjective interpretation of art can vary considerably among viewers.

Ultimately, the debate in this Japanese forum highlights the importance of the ending in the general perception of an anime series and how the quality of an ending can be a determining factor in the evaluation that viewers have of the work as a whole:

  • «In my opinion, Lycoris Recoil and The Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls».

  • «Yo diría Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury».
  • «Let's not forget Wonder Egg Priority».

  • «Ah yes, how horrible Wonder Egg Priority was. It was interesting until halfway through, but I left it unfinished because I didn't think it would have a proper ending, and so it did».

  • «I don't forget the supposed additional final episode, which in the end was a compilation and only made everything more shit».
  • «I would think of Hoshiai no Sora and Meganebu!, definitely the worst».

  • «The second season of Zombieland Saga, what kind of ending is that? Don't announce a movie and then forget about it!».

  • «Ah yes, Zombieland Saga, I think the entire second season as a whole was inferior to the first».

  • «I would mention GANTZ, without a doubt».

  • «In my opinion, Zatch Bell! deserves to be added to this list».

  • «Back Arrow was complete shit, I think Gorō Taniguchi only lives on past glories».

  • «Megaton Musashi, even though I tried my best to watch the second season, it never got better».

  • «Mahou Sensou, there is no doubt».

  • «I propose Natta Hi Shirt and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica».

  • «Kämpfer has an honorable mention on this list».

  • «The second season of Uma Musume: Pretty Derby, I'm sure».

  • «I think Neon Genesis Evangelion would go on this list. I know it's a series loved by many, but if you have to make several additional movies to explain the ending, then you didn't do a good job at the beginning».

  • «Chrno Crusade, I think the only good thing about the series was Rosetta, the protagonist».

  • «Personally, I'm not dissatisfied with the way Rebuild of Evangelion ended, but I do have to mention that everything went to hell in the third movie».

  • «Lycoris Recoil, it has to be here».

  • «I would mention Babylon, which is surprising coming from Nozaki Mado, the screenwriter of Kado: The Right Answer. I think that the fact that twelve-episode series are produced for very long original materials is complete nonsense and it is as if the production was crying out to do poorly».

  • «I propose the new Higurashi series: When They Cry, I would also say Fullmetal Alchemist because everything turned out well in the end, but that was the trend twenty years ago».

  • «Love Live! Superstar!!, definitely the most disappointing thing about Love Live! regarding final episodes».

  • «Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch, even though everything apparently ended well, I think the plot twist and the death of the protagonist were not well executed».

Sauce: Nijipoi

You may like these posts

No comments