Momoko Koyama, voiced by Karen in Revue Starlight, announces a pause to undergo surgery

0

24-year-old anime voice actress Momoko Koyama announced today, April 23, on her official blog that she will be taking a break from singing activities in late May to undergo vocal cord nodule surgery.


According to the blog post, she has had a problem with her vocal cord for the past three years. In an excerpt she mentions: «I went to the hospital and tried to solve the problem with medications. When I rest, the problem becomes less and I feel better, but the situation worsens when the schedule becomes tight.

The situation has frustrated her so much because she had not been able to act with the quality she wanted so many times, especially at the high end of her voice. After a discussion with her doctor, Momoko Koyama decided to undergo surgery to give her a definitive solution to the problem, rather than trying to lessen its effects with medication.

She also mentions the following: »I will prepare myself to be in perfect condition by the time we meet again. To deliver my healthy voice to everyone and show my most powerful appearance, I will continue to do my best. Thank you !".

Momoko Koyama is best known as Sailor Mercury in the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon theatrical musicals and for giving voice to lead character Karen Aijo in the Revue Starlight franchise. Most recently, she played Elma in the Ishuzoku Reviewers anime.

You may like these posts

No comments