The author of Mahoutsukai Reimeiki asked that Holt be much more attractive

0

 


 The Mipon medium interviewed Kakeru Kobashiri , author of the Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho ( Grimoire of Zero ) and Mahoutsukai Reimeiki ( The Dawn of the Witch ) light novels, the second of which is inspiring an anime adaptation currently airing . The author commented on some aspects behind the writing of the light novels, as well as some things about the designs that she asked the anime production to take into account.


To kick things off, Kobashiri began by explaining her inspirations: “ I have been influenced by many stories that come from abroad. I really liked “The Saga of Darren Shan” series. And "The Lord of the Rings" was also a big influence. I loved reading the translated version for younger readers. Many fantasy novels will be translated for younger audiences here in Japan ."

He then commented on when he decided to write Mahoutsukai Reimeiki , which is worth noting takes place several years after the Zero kara H
ajimeru Mahou no Sho
 story . Kobashiri explained, " I decided to write 'Mahoutsukai Reimeiki' when I was finishing the last volume of 'Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho.' I wanted to write from a different point of view than Zero and his friends, because while it is meant to be a continuation of the story, I wanted new readers to feel comfortable with “Mahoutsukai Reimeiki”. I pitched the idea to my publisher Kodansha, and they gave me the go-ahead ."

He also commented on how his creative process is to write the story, noting that he already has the route decided, but he thinks about the details at the moment: « With my writing style, and I think it also happens with other authors, I plan the story while I write. I've decided on the overall story and progression and I'm writing based on that, as I write I might change some ideas or go in a new direction. The story turns into something that even I didn't anticipate, and that's the real joy of writing, in my opinion. So even though I would say “Yes” if someone asked me if I have decided the story, I mean that only in the broadest sense. There is still a lot that I have not yet decided ».

In an important aside, Kobashiri noted that she was very specific in how she wanted Holt 's design to be in the Mahoutsukai Reimeiki anime adaptation : " I decide almost everything about the designs. With Holt, for example, he wanted her to have all the ideal traits of feminine beauty: large breasts, a big butt, a sweet, ever-cheerful smile. However, on the inside I wanted her character to have a dark and murky side as well. However, I want to point out that I didn't make her this way to make her stand out, or be the butt of jokes and ridicule. Yes, she has a great figure, but that's how she looks and none of the characters make much of it ."

He added about his personal requests: " I made it very clear to Iwasaki-sensei [Takashi Iwasaki, character designer for the light novels], Tatsuwo-sensei [in charge of the manga adaptation], and the anime character designer to do Holt's butt and legs were thicker. I told them, "Remember he has a big butt!" So to answer your question, I did have a few requests. [laughs] ».


Sinopsis de Mahoutsukai Reimeiki

The light novel series is set in the same fantasy world as Kobashiri's Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho (Grimoire of Zero) light novel series, now at peace after enduring a conflict between the church and the witches for 500 years. . However, the embers of war still burn in some regions of the world. The story centers on Cervil, a desperate student at the Wenias Kingdom College of Magic. Somehow, Cervil has lost all memory of his time before he attended school. The headmaster of the school, Albus, sends him for special training to the southern part of the continent, where the persecution against witches is very strong.

Source: Mipon

(c) Kakeru Kobashi / Kodansha / The Dawn of the Witch Production Committee

You may like these posts

No comments