Narumi Shinohara: "You can't dare improvise on a character"

0

Through a series of Twitter posts, voice actress Narumi Shinohara commented on an invitation she received about cosplaying one of her characters and performing onstage: “Even if I'm the person who voices a character, I am sure that a voice actor does not have freedom in his work. Many seiyuus claim that it is not possible to get into a character's personality, even though they are the ones who give it life. Any comments external to what is already written in the script must be made under official supervision and permission. In short, you can't improvise. "
She continued: “I am very grateful with your comments during the coexistence events and with your questions about the characters I play, but you should know that I cannot participate in what the producer does not give its approval. Also, I can't “customize” a character either, as that would not be official. I'm very sorry, but even though I play the character, you must understand that it doesn't belong to me. ”
She concluded: “I am very grateful for the opportunity that was presented to me recently, and even for the personal request, but I am very sorry. It is a very important decision related to my work, and the copyright rules cannot be violated. Even if someone else does, I must emphasize that I do not. So I will continue to do what I know best. ”

You may like these posts

No comments