Madhouse shines again with Orb: On the Movements of the Earth

0

 


On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Uoto , “ Orb: On the Movements of the Earth ( Chi.: Chikyuu no Undou ni Tsuite )”, the first promotional video for the project was revealed. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for the Fall-2024 period (October-December) , and shows the animation work of Madhouse studios , although without revealing the production team.

The statement included the author's opinions regarding this adaptation:

  • How did you feel when you found out about the anime adaptation?

  • I felt genuinely very happy. The anime adaptation was one of my dreams, but when the production company was decided, and I heard about the rest of the crew, the cast, the stations, the music, etc., everything was so favorable that it still seems incredible to me, like If everything was a dream, and it doesn't feel real.

  • Also, Madhouse studio was close to a friend's house that I used to go to every week during my student years, so every time I hear about anime, memories of that time come back to me, which is very emotional for me.

  • What do you expect from the anime adaptation?

  • Manga is, for better or worse, a very individual work, where many things can be done my way. Therefore, I hope that, when you move to another medium, you have the feeling that it is no longer mine. I think I'll be able to see it as something separate and alien, and that makes me very happy.

  • What would you like to say to your fans?

  • Two years have passed since the original manga ended, but thanks to the entire production team, it has been “renewed” in a fresh way in the animated version of “Chi.”. I am very excited to see it as another viewer, along with all of you. It's sure to be incredibly fun!


Uoto began publishing the manga through Shogakukan 's Big Comic Spirits magazine in September 2020, and ended it in April 2022 with a total of eight compilation volumes published. The work won the coveted Grand Prize at the twenty-sixth edition of the Osamu Tezuka Cultural Prize , held in 2022 in Japan.

Synopsis of Orb: On the Movements of the Earth

The setting is 15th century Poland. It was a time when heretical ideas led those who possessed such a mentality to be burned at the stake for their beliefs. The protagonist, Rafał, a child prodigy, is expected to major in theology, the most important subject of the time, at university, where he plans to skip a course. One day, however, he crosses paths with a mysterious man, and now he is studying a possible "truth" in the midst of heretical thinking: the Earth is not the center of the Universe!

Source: ComicNatalie

(c)魚豊/小学館/チ。地球の運動について製作委員会

You may like these posts

No comments