Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon confirms its return

0

 


During a special broadcast, Kyoto Animation studios announced the production of a feature film for the “ Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon ( Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid )” franchise, which will be titled “ Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon: A Lonely Dragon Wants to be Loved .” This film will be released sometime in the year 2025 in Japan and will be completely canon, adapting the well-known “ Kanna Kamui Arc .”


Several members of the staff and voice cast commented on this return (which the super experts of the animanga claimed “would be impossible”):

  • Tatsuya Ishihara (director): « I’m Tatsuya Ishihara from Kyoto Animation! I was the director of the Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S TV series. This time, Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon will be made into nothing less than a theatrical movie! Some of you may have already suspected, but this time it’s Kanna’s story, the one we all wanted to see on the big screen. It’s going to be a grand adventure full of action and excitement! Kanna, Kobayashi-san, Tohru, and the rest will be crossing the TV screen to wreak havoc all over the big screen. We’re working hard to bring you something really fun! Please look forward to it! »

  • Mutsumi Tamura (voice of Kobayashi-san): “ Making an anime is difficult, and I was wondering if a third season would be hard to make… Are fans willing to wait forever? And suddenly, a Maid Dragon movie is coming ! It was so unexpected that I was shocked (laughs). When I saw the teaser visual, it seemed to have a very serious atmosphere! Isn’t it just the usual warm daily routine? Is Kobayashi-san saying goodbye? What does all this mean? My head was in a mess! But if viewers are smart… well, you know, right? I’m looking forward to reading the script! I hope everyone is excited for the premiere, too! ”

  • Yuuki Kuwahara (voice of Tohru): “ Humans! I’ve seen you again! That was the image of Tohru that came to mind. The intense action scenes, the subtle changes in the characters’ expressions… Maid Dragon is a work that, no matter how many times you watch it, always offers new discoveries. It’s created with such care and detail that I once thought, ‘Someday I’d like to see it on the big screen… ’ And now we’ll be able to meet again! I will turn this happiness into power and give my all to live as Tohru. Please count on my support! ”

  • Maria Naganawa (voice of Kanna): “ I’m really excited to see the characters in motion again, and to meet up with the production team and my fellow cast members! I’m also very grateful for the opportunity to express everything I feel for this play as Kanna, and I’ll try even harder to deepen Kanna’s charm. I’ll do my best! ”

For its part, Cool-kyou Shinja has published the manga in Futabasha 's Monthly Action magazine since May 2013. The anime adaptation currently has a total of twenty-five episodes (plus a variety of OVAs), produced by Kyoto Animation studio and released during Winter 2017 (January-March) and Summer 2021 (July-September) .

Synopsis of Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon

As Kobayashi prepares to start a new day at work, she opens the door to her apartment and is greeted by an unusually terrifying sight: the head of a dragon staring at her from the balcony. Immediately, the dragon transforms into a beautiful, busty, and energetic young woman dressed as a maid, who introduces herself as Tooru.

It turns out that the stoic programmer had crossed paths with the dragon the night before on a drunken excursion into the mountains, and since the mythical beast had nowhere else to go, he had offered her a place to stay in his home. Thus, Tooru had arrived to take advantage of the offer, willing to repay her savior's kindness by working as her personal maid. Though deeply regretful of her words and reluctant to keep her promise, a mix of guilt and Tooru's incredible dragon skills convince Kobayashi to take the girl in.

Source: Comic Natalie

(c)クール教信者・双委員会

You may like these posts

No comments