Director Taiki Nishimura shared an experience of racism in a production

0

The director Taiki Nishimura (Boruto: Naruto Next Generations, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny, Shutsugeki! Machine Robo Rescue) went viral in networks for a publication where he narrated a work experience: «Once, in the facilities of a study of animation, I heard a producer laugh and say, 'The zainichi are dirty, I wish they didn't use the trains,' which made me quite angry and I left the place saying, 'I can't work with someone who thinks like that.'

It should be noted that the term “Zainichi” is a Japanese term to refer to Koreans residing in Japan, so the comment made by the producer was obviously a racist comment. Multiple responses to the post came in on Twitter:

“There are Japanese people in my work, and they are all very friendly and cheerful. I wonder if those people would say those kinds of hurtful things too, and I feel sad when I think if that could happen. That only happens in a specific type of environment, right? I don't understand why the producer would say something like that.

«What were the grounds for that producer's comment? Do you know what the true meaning of a "zainichi" is? How is it possible that someone with such zero historical knowledge occupies an important position in a broadcasting company? "

«It has become common for foreigners to be listed in the credits of Japanese productions, especially those from Southeast Asia. We have moved to a new stage in history where we all depend on everyone. Of course that will not lower my spirits! "

"Animation productions in Japan stopped being made solely by Japanese a long time ago."

Source: Yaraon!

You may like these posts

No comments