Fans debate the correct way to draw breasts

0


 Twitter user “鴨川葱男 (KAMONEGI0) ” recently became a trend after sharing an image criticizing how some believe there is “one correct way” to draw big breasts in manga and anime. The user in question wrote: " I was so disappointed to see a lecture where it was discussed how to draw breasts and clothes correctly, that I decided to draw some drawings myself and show you that both are, in fact, valid. "

  • In the drawing on the left we can see a "realistic" representation of a girl with big breasts, where her clothes do not stick to her body and highlight her breasts, but fall directly downwards. « You can draw it to reference reality », wrote the artist.
  • In the drawing on the right, however, we can see a much more fictional representation, especially because of the way the girl's clothes behave. As she sticks to her body from absolutely all directions, the shape of her breasts is highlighted. « It's great to give it the shape you like best! », wrote the artist.


Most important, however, is the fact that both illustrations have a thumbs up mark. That is, for the artist there is no "correct way" to draw big breasts, but everything is in the perception of the artist and the fan. And it was clear that this was going to attract comments in the opinion forums:

  • « Indeed, I am so proud of the boobs that I draw! ».
  • « I thought the illustration on the right was the realistic one ».
  • « I thought that the one on the right was realistic. In any case, that is not because of the artist's passion, but because of his own lust. For me, the right is still reality, especially for beautiful women who want to show off their curves in public ».
  • « The most important thing is to know which audience you are addressing. For example, you will never see representations like the one on the left in adult manga ».
  • « The most important thing is to know how to draw the right image. So if "according to reality" is taken as the correct answer, this could be more like anything. It's important to understand that if you don't use the right one in the right demographic, you may get “sexualization” criticism ».
  • « When I draw, the parts I like to draw usually change according to my tastes without my noticing. At the end of the day, everything is fiction, so let me do what I want. In my opinion, both representations are fine ».
  • « I think it is good to know the two representations. In the end, it is a creative work. There are no right answers in art ».

Source: Otakomu

You may like these posts

No comments