Makoto Shinkai shared the status of his new project

0

Acclaimed director Makoto Shinkai posted an update on Twitter about the progress of his new animated movie. Currently, it's been ten months since his most recent film, Tenki no Ko, released in Japan in July 2019.

The director wrote: “I am gradually shaping my new project as I follow the same steps as Tenki no Ko's production from three years ago. I don't think I have the mental fortitude to imagine the story, the characters, and the visuals at the same time, so I've been working for months, building and destroying my ideas. Meanwhile, summer is here… ”
In fact, on April 1, Makoto Shinkai revealed how he felt about creating his new story: “I have been writing the storyboard for my new project for the past two months, and currently I don't know what to think or what I really want to see in a few years. Even so, I will continue writing ”.
Finally, the Blu-ray / DVD version of the movie Tenki no Ko will be released in Japan on May 27. The 114-minute film was released in Japan in July 2019 and had a box office gross of 14 billion, which represents only 56% of that obtained by Kimi no Na wa.

© 2019 「天 気 の 子」 製作 委員会

You may like these posts

No comments