Voice actress Aoi Koga talks about how Kaguya's character has changed her life

0
In a recent interview conducted for Oricon, voice actress Aoi Koga, who is best known for having played the character of Kaguya Shinomiya in the animated series Kaguya-sama: Love is war, spoke about the impact this role has had on her. the last months in both his professional and private life.

"From my debut and until 2018 I had the opportunity to play many roles in the anime industry, some of those roles were starring so I was able to learn from all those experiences and I was also able to meet many people who taught me a few tricks" .

"At the end of 2018 I was called to audition in this project (Kaguya-sama: Love is War) and I really didn't know how the public was going to respond to my participation since I already knew beforehand that I had gotten into something of great magnitude "


However, the response was quite satisfactory, the support of the fans of the series felt like a quite overwhelming and positive energy. This certainly gave my life a 180 degree turn. ”

“This role earned me the annual best voice acting actress award and that's when I felt that my beloved Kaguya had changed my life. I am too grateful to all the people who helped me get to this stage but I must say that I am still not satisfied and I want to continue improving to continue to stand out in this highly competitive industry. ”


The actress also spoke about her feelings about the production and the second season premiere of the popular animated series where she reprized the lead role of Kaguya Shinomiya.

The day the first episode premiered, I was pretty nervous, saying to myself, "I hope the fans can fully enjoy this." Fortunately, only positive comments came, and I was quite satisfied. ”

"When we were in recording sessions, my partner Miyu Tomita taught a couple of tips to both me and Konomi Kohara (actress who plays Chika Fujiwara in the series). We really had a lot of fun filming, there was too much laughter in between. ”

"We all help each other practice our lines and I think that activity helped us a lot to give our characters a lot of life."


Finally, I talk about the teachings and opportunities that the role and the franchise have left him in his professional and private life.

My world has expanded enormously. Too many doors have been opened and I plan to take advantage of each one.

Now there are many people who usually recognize me in all the places I visit. It is very rewarding to receive support as I walk the streets.

“I also had the opportunity to appear as an extra in the live-action film of the 2019 franchise where Kanna Hashimoto was chosen to bring the role of Kaguya to life. There was a scene where we both had a pretty fun interaction. It was a unique experience that I will never forget. ”


Aoi Koga, born in Saga prefecture, started her career as a voice actress in 2015 and currently works for talent agency 81 Produce. Since her childhood she has been a great fan of anime and it is for this reason that she decided to choose a career in voice acting which led her to study this career at a vocational school located in Fukuoka.

Among his most prominent roles, in addition to Kaguya Shinomiya, are Sora Kaneshiro in Tenshi no 3P !, Yuri Miyata in Two Car and Eruru in Shinchou Yuusha.

You may like these posts

No comments