H artists earn more than salaried workers, they claim

0

 


In recent weeks, a comment posted by an erotic artist on the DLsite platform has generated a large number of discussions and has gone viral on Japanese social networks . The comment in question, posted alongside a screenshot showing nearly 16,000 digital copies of his work sold, reveals that the author has raised more than 6 million yen, which is equivalent to more than 43,000 US dollars.

The message accompanying the image read: " Even at my level, just by drawing a few illustrations, we are talking about a world of several million." Plus, as it continues to sell steadily, the money keeps coming in indefinitely. It is better to become an illustrator than to work as a salaried employee . »

©DLsite


The comment unleashed a torrent of reactions among Internet users, many of whom expressed surprise at the amount of money an illustrator can earn in the erotic content market , and others shared their own experiences and opinions about the industry. User comments reflect a mix of admiration and skepticism . Some of the notable comments include:

  • This clearly requires above-average talent ."
  • « How lucky. I have never drawn a manga or an illustration, but I have a lot of confidence in my imagination. Maybe with AI I could achieve it .
  • « I once managed to enter the Pixiv rankings, but the illustrations I wanted to draw were not the ones I liked, so I got tired of looking for popularity and I left it. When I resigned, I felt incredibly liberated .
  • « I don't think there are even 1% of artists who sell more than 10,000 copies .»
  • « Taxes must be a problem. "I don't think that drawing erotic illustrations generates many deductible expenses ."
  • « With excessive supply and fierce competition, it seems that it is difficult for new artists to make money in this field .»
  • It's true that some artists don't earn much from erotic manga, but they use major magazines like 'Comic Kairakuten' as a springboard to later make a fortune with doujin CG collections ."
  • « It is true that if you are a good illustrator you can easily earn a lot of money, but reaching that level of skill is extremely difficult .»

The impact of this comment has not only sparked debate about the viability of pursuing erotic art, but has also highlighted the harsh realities of the industry, where competition is intense and success is not always guaranteed. However, the success of this particular artist demonstrates that, with skill and perseverance, it is possible to achieve impressive numbers in a niche market.

Source: Otakomu

You may like these posts

No comments