Neon Genesis Evangelion could return in 2025

0

 


The “ Neon Genesis Evangelion ” franchise has surprised its fans with an exciting post on its social media this October 4, commemorating the twenty-ninth anniversary of the broadcast of the first episode . The message shared on Twitter was as follows:

  • « Today, October 4, is the anniversary of the broadcast of the first episode of 'Neon Genesis Evangelion.' This year marks the 29th anniversary since its first broadcast in 1995. Next year, we will celebrate the 30th anniversary, and we have several exciting events planned. Please stay tuned! We appreciate your continued support of the 'Evangelion' series .»


©Twitter

This message has sparked a wave of excitement among fans, who speculate that the franchise could be preparing a new project for its thirtieth anniversary in 2025. This adds to previous statements by the franchise’s creator, Hideaki Anno, who a few months ago spoke about the possibility of an “Evangelion” sequel. In an interview with the Asahi Shimbun, Anno mentioned that an Evangelion sequel could be made by someone else. During the conversation, he mentioned:

  • « There may be something to it. The idea of ​​an Evangelion sequel made by someone other than me could exist. I haven't decided yet, or rather, it's better for the work to have a high degree of freedom. Whether it would be commercially viable or interesting would depend on the content. It's not that I'm saying I'll never make another one, but I'm not sure yet .»

With this in mind, fans have begun sharing their theories and emotions about what could be coming for the franchise next year, and the comments on social media have not been long in coming:

  • « 29 years ago today, Evangelion stole my heart. How is that possible? »
  • « Evangelion turns 30…? It’s incredible ».
  • I saw it in real time when it was released, but I never imagined it would become so well-known ."
  • « Are there any surprises in store for next year? Evangelion already has my heart captivated, I can't wait for the 30th anniversary .»
  • « Now I have a new reason to live until next year .»
  • « October 4th is 'Angel Day'. If they also linked the date with the opening theme 'Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis', that would be amazing . »
  • « I thought the final movie was the end, but no! I'm excited for the 30th anniversary .»
  • « Even before its release, Evangelion was already a topic of conversation. I'm surprised it's only been 30 years, but I think that's because the Rebuild films left such a strong impression .»
  • I would love to see the original Evangelion with the animation style of the new films ."
  • I hope they do a 30th anniversary event ."

Source: Otakomu

You may like these posts

No comments