What anime did you abandon halfway through?

0

 


Recently, on a Reddit forum, members engaged in a lively debate about animes they left halfway through and the reasons behind their decision . This type of discussion highlights the various expectations and personal experiences anime fans have when consuming content from this vast industry.

 


The reasons why someone decides to abandon an anime halfway through are varied and reflect both subjective and objective aspects of the viewing experience. Some of the most common reasons mentioned in the debate are explored below:

  • Slow Pace: One of the most common reasons for this is the pace of the series. Some anime can take a while to develop their main plot, which can result in initial episodes that don't capture the viewer's attention right away. If the narrative moves too slowly, interest is likely to wane and viewers may decide not to invest any more time.

  • Lack of Connection with Characters: The emotional connection with characters is crucial for many viewers. If the characters fail to generate empathy or if their developments seem forced or unbelievable, viewers may lose interest in following the story.

  • Predictable Story or Cliché: Originality in the plot is another determining factor. Stories that feel repetitive or follow tropes and clichés without adding anything new can be discouraging. Viewers look for fresh narratives and unexpected twists that keep their curiosity and attention.

  • Animation Quality: Visual quality is an important aspect for many anime fans. Inconsistent, poor, or buggy animation can be distracting and diminish the overall enjoyment of the series. Viewers value well-crafted production that complements the story.

  • External Reviews and Opinions: Opinions from other fans, friends, or online reviews can influence the perception of a series. If an anime receives persistent negative reviews, some viewers may decide to abandon it before investing more time, even if they were initially enjoying it.

The debate on Reddit highlights that while the decision to abandon an anime halfway through may seem simple, it is influenced by a combination of personal and contextual factors. Animes, like any other form of entertainment, must resonate with the viewer on multiple levels to maintain their interest.

  • « I dropped the second season of Vinland Saga because I found it too boring. And Sword Art Online too »

  • « Tokyo Ghoul. It's a shame because I loved the manga. They couldn't keep up the plot, the animation quality went down, and when they finally decided to go back to the original story, they didn't fix the discrepancies, so those who only watched the anime would be confused .»

  • « Not really in the middle, but Ninja Kamui. Bro, I swear I can't stand mecha suits. Tolerable in the beginning, but in my opinion by episode 9 this went to shit. Ninjas were already making the series crazy, what was the need? »

  • « I left Boruto: Naruto Next Generations because I couldn't connect with Boruto and find the fact that most of the characters are cheap versions of the original cast .»

  • « The Rising of the Shield Hero. I got the illusion that it wasn't just generic isekai #372628 at first, it turned out to be a generic isekai with all the bad tropes .

  • « Tokyo Revengers. I was expecting some character development for the main character, but no, nothing happened »

  • « Rent A Girlfriend after the second season. It was quite boring for me .

  • « I left Black Clover because I couldn't tolerate listening to Asta scream for no reason every two seconds .»

  • « Nisekoi. I read that there is no real resolution at the end of the manga, and I can't tolerate that kind of thing . »

  • « Whisper Me A Love Song due to its shitty production quality ».

  • « The second season of Yakusoku no Neverland when I realized that they had deviated greatly from the original canon ».

  • « Yashahime, I got bored immediately and at the end of the season and I realized that I couldn't waste my time on this .»

  • « I dropped Fate/Apocrypha a few episodes before the end because I didn't feel anything for the main story. I think most Fate stories have a predetermined ending, so once you're 3/4 of the way through you know what it's going to be »

  • « I also left Re:Creators because I didn't like it. I liked the characters (especially the magical girl who, once brought to the real world, did much more damage than she did in her home universe, which annoyed her; and the villain had a sick design), but the narrative didn't managed to catch me. I may finish it one day, but eh .

  • « I finished the Pain Arc of Naruto Shippuden and a couple of filler episodes and took a break to watch other series. I never picked it up again, but I always tell myself that I should finish it one day .

  • I left MASHLE because it became boring and repetitive even though it was good at first ."

  • « Most recently, the current slime isekai season. The second season had problems with pacing and this one started out so boring that I just couldn't continue .

  • « The Rising of the Shield Hero. I love shields, but this anime is garbage. Harems in this type of anime are usually a lazy excuse to include panty scenes, but the action scenes are ridiculously boring. The power scale sucks. And the other heroes are so damn one-dimensional, it's like they're caricatures who hate the protagonist just to create tension .

  • « One Piece, while I wouldn't say it's bad, just isn't for me, I've tried it a few times and it always loses me before episode 200 »

  • « Sword Art Online. The first arc was so cool, the game they are trapped in is one I would really like to play as an open world RPG with the same design… I would love to. But after that it got really bad in my opinion .»

  • « JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, not for me, but maybe I'll try it again. I also left Fairy Tail, the stakes feel too low with the friendship thing and there are no deaths or injuries .

  • « Spy x Family in season 2 when they started to focus so much on the children. It took my spirits away. Also The Wrong Way to Use Healing magic. It took forever to get to any kind of interesting plot and 12 episodes in which I hadn't seen any kind of “wrong way” to use healing magic. Furthermore, the characters were very boring .

  • « Date A Live when the harem simply lost all meaning and control ».

  • « Kimetsu no Yaiba. I'm so sorry, it's just not for me .

  • « I stopped watching the slime isekai halfway through the second season, it became too heavy for me, I wasn't really interested in all the world building in that anime. I did not continue watching The Eminence in Shadow after the first season .

  • « I dropped a lot of anime for no reason. Like Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bepop. I thought they were amazing, but for some reason I wasn't interested in watching the next episode .»

  • « Darling in the Franxx. I ended up rewatching it about 6 months after it ended and was still disappointed despite knowing how far it was going to go off the rails thanks to the internet rant . »

  • « CLANNAD! People say that the second season (After Story) is very good, but season 1… I couldn’t finish it. Sorry, Clannad comrades! »

  • « I left Jujutsu Kaisen in the first season, it was not something for me .»

  • « Nanatsu no Taizai, the story was bad and the animation was terrible. The first few episodes of Dr. Stone were very good, then they fell off and felt boring. And I'll get hate for this, but Neon Genesis Evangelion. People say it's intellectual and all that, but it was slow messy and didn't really captivate me .'

Source: Reddit

You may like these posts

No comments